Is Yopa the best of both estate agency worlds?
- Our Verdict
Who is Yopa?
Yopa is an acronym for Your Online Property Agent and was founded in 2014. The head office is based in Watford, England. In 2015 Yopa adjusted its business model to include local property managers and agents. As a result, Yopa is now short for Your Online Property Agents.
What is the process with Yopa?
To start the process of selling your house with Yopa, you will need to:
- Arrange an appointment with your local Yopa estate agent. Here, your house is evaluated, and the selling process with Yopa is explained in detail.
- If you choose to go ahead and sell your house, let Yopa know.
- Yopa offers three different payment packages: upfront, monthly, or once the property has been sold.
- Advertisement – the local agent with whom you met during your valuation will create your property listing. This information will be displayed on Rightmove, Zoopla, and PrimeLocation, the three websites where 98 per cent of buyers begin their search.
- Viewings – you can either host them yourself or pay a fee to have them held by a Yopa agent. In addition, Yopa can assist with conveyancing and mortgages.
- Sell – Yopa can sort through offers and negotiate the best price with your approval.
Get in Touch with Yopa
Tel: 0333 305 0202
Suite 4, Building 4
- An excellent rating on Trustpilot – with 87 per cent of customers rating them four stars or higher.
- There is a dedicated agent with you the entire step of the way.
- Flexible payment options are available.
- There is a stark contrast between Trustpilot reviews and feedback on Reviews.io. Unfortunately, these reviews are extremely negative, and most of them come from buyers, not sellers.
- If you choose the pay later option – provided through a finance solution – it will leave a ‘soft footprint’ on your credit rating.
- The Yopa pricing packages can be expensive, especially if you require additional services.
Yopa does provide a good service that combines the best of online and high street estate agents, and it can be an affordable option for such a personalised service. In addition, customer reviews have been positive for selling, whereas buyers tell a different story.
How long has Yopa been established?
Yopa has been selling peoples houses since 2014. So they are pretty established.
What are the fees / pricing options when using Yopa?
Their website lists these options for payment packages:
- Pay Now Premium / Pay Later Premium – from £1399
- Pay now Core / Pay Later Core – from £999
All packages include
- A dedicated agent.
- Professional advert.
- Floor plan and professional photos.
- For Sale sign.
- Online portal – accessible 24/7
The ‘No Sale, No Fee’ option offers the same as above, including a viewing pack and a premium listing. However, there is no price information – instead, it recommends contacting your local Yopa agent for information.
When and how do I make payment?
Payment is made as per the package option you decide upon when listing with Yopa.
How will Yopa market my home?
Once your home has been photographed, floor plans finalised, and a description is drawn up, your property will be placed on PrimeLocation, Rightmove, Zoopla, plus many more online property sellers.
Why not compare British Home Buyers?
At British Home Buyers, we buy your home fast – for cash. By fast, we mean we can complete from start to finish within seven days (or a timescale that works for you). We don’t charge any fees, and getting a quote is quick and easy – plus, you’re under no obligation with British Home Buyers. Then, if you need it, we can provide you with a solicitor – absolutely no charge to you. Now, that’s service!
So, if you’re looking at selling through Yopa, why not get an obligation free cash offer from us too? Our offers might surprise you.