Will Sellmyhome Sell Your Home?
- Our Verdict
Who is Sellmyhome?
Sellmyhome provides some of the benefits of a high-street estate agent, including a dedicated account manager for each customer. Sellmyhome was founded in 2013 in response to a more affordable and competitive alternative to high street estate agents. Unlike traditional high-street estate agents, Sellmyhome gives its clients the option of how much control they want over the sales process, ensuring that the entire transaction is tailored to their unique tastes.
What is the process with Sellmyhome?
- Get a free evaluation – you can do this on their website or give them a call – if you decide to proceed, you choose the package that best suits your needs.
- Your home will be listed – Professional floor plans and photographs will be prepared and listed on all the top property portals (think Zoopla, Rightmove, etc.)
- Viewings / Enquires – Sellmyhome will manage buyer enquiries and will arrange viewings.
- Negotiation – The Sellmyhome agents will handle any interested buyers and negotiate your buying price.
- Completion Management – The entire process from finalising the sale price to liaising with solicitors and others in the chain will be overseen by the agent from Sellmyhome.
Get in Touch with Sellmyhome
Tel: 0203 875 7000
South Park Studios
88 Peterborough Road
- Very positive feedback and reviews from customers since 2017.
- Sellmyhome has generally achieved a 99% success rate on the asking price for each property.
- You receive a more personalised service with an account manager, similar to high street agents, but without the exorbitant costs.
- Sellmyhome does not provide professional valuations; instead, they estimate the value of the property based on market reports and current trends on Zoopla and Rightmove.
- If you choose the Essential Standard package, Sellmyhome considers sales negotiation to be a chargeable service and will not pursue or participate in the process unless specifically requested.
- The additional services on offer, i.e., an EPC, Premium listings, etc., are quite pricey.
Sellmyhome charges a fee compared to other online estate agents, and the wide variety of positive customer reviews speaks volumes about the company’s level of customer service. For around the same fee, you can find other online agents who will work with you until the transaction is completed. However, the level of support and the fact that the house description and listing are written specifically for you will benefit sellers who are inexperienced or new to online property selling.
What is the difference between an Online and Traditional Estate Agent?
The main difference between an online estate agent and a conventional (or high street) estate agent is online agents are primarily online and generally do not have a physical location where you can visit. Online Estate Agents typically offer more basic services, mainly marketing your property on online property platforms, which tends to save you money.
How long has Sellmyhome been established?
Sellmyhome was founded in 2013, and they operate from London, GB.
What are the fees / pricing options when using Sellmyhome?
Sellmyhome offer three packages:
- Essential Standard – from £799 to £999 (incl VAT). Pay upfront. Includes professional photos, videos and virtual walkthrough.
- Essential Plus – from £1499 to £1999 (incl VAT). No Sale No Fee. This package includes everything in the Essential Standard, but you only pay when your property has sold.
- Premium Traditional – From 0.75% (plus VAT) – No sale, no fee. Minimum fees apply depending on the location of the property.
When and how do I make payment?
Depending on the package you choose will determine when and how your fees are due for payment.
How will Sellmyhome market my home?
Once your home has been photographed, floor plans finalised, and a description completed, your property will be placed on Rightmove, Zoopla, plus many more online property sellers.
Why not compare British Home Buyers?
At British Home Buyers, we buy your home fast – for cash. By fast, we mean we can complete from start to finish within seven days (or a timescale that works for you). We don’t charge any fees, and getting a quote is quick and easy – plus, you’re under no obligation with British Home Buyers. Then, if you need it, we can provide you with a solicitor – absolutely no charge to you. Now, that’s service!
So, if you’re looking at selling through Sellmyhome, why not get an obligation free cash offer from us too? Our offers might surprise you.