Are Purple Bricks the agency to sell your property?
- Purple Bricks
- Our Verdict
Who are Purple Bricks?
Purple Bricks are a popular online estate agency, with the head office based in Solihull, England. Set up in 2012 by brothers Kenny and Michael Bruce, it didn’t take long for this online estate agency to become a household name.
Purple Bricks offer a free valuation from their local property experts, and if you’re not satisfied – there’s no obligation to continue. Their website states they get your house on the market in the fastest possible way.
What is the process with Purple Bricks?
- Request a property valuation from a local estate professional. Comparable sales prices, current market data, and advice on the best strategy for selling your home are all included in the valuation
- Purple Bricks will take professional photographs, create a floorplan and a description of your home – all based on your input and instructions. Additionally, they will provide you with a for sale sign.
- Once you are satisfied with the photo’s, description and floor plan, Purple Bricks will list your home on the open market.
- Prospective buyers can request viewings online, and you can coordinate the best day and time with them.
- You receive feedback and offers from interested buyers – all done via the app.
- If you accept an offer, Purple Bricks’ after-sales support team assists you with conveyancing and completing the transaction.
Get in Touch with Purple Bricks
Tel: 0800 810 8008
Suite 7 First Floor
Solihull B90 4RZ
Purple Bricks Positives
- Excellent reviews on online platforms – as of July 2021, they have achieved 87% positive feedback on Trustpilot.
- On-site valuations are a benefit that most online agents don’t typically offer. This accurate valuation has resulted in a 96 per cent success rate for the sale price obtained.
- Fixed selling fee – not a percentage based commission, like traditional estate agents.
Purple Bricks Negatives
- Unless you pay an additional cost, you are responsible for scheduling and holding the viewings.
- Local agents under pressure – some customers complained that their local property specialist was too busy. While some agents have been praised for their customer service, some sellers have had to wait for some time for an appointment.
- You are the one who communicates with potential buyers – 24/7.
Purple Bricks is a market leader in the online estate agency field, with plenty of positive ratings on independent review sites, indicating that the company combines the best of both worlds with a high-tech internet site and a local agent who personalises the buy-sell experience.
How long have Purple bricks been established?
Purple Bricks have been in business since 2012, and their head office is in Solihull, West Midlands.
What are the fees / pricing options when using Purple Bricks?
Purple Bricks work on a fixed fee basis – not a percentage like traditional estate agents:
London and surrounding areas £1499.00 (incl VAT)
Rest of the United Kingdom £999.00 (incl VAT)
Included in the cost:
- Local expert with experience, professional photography, floor plans, and an advertisement.
- Your property will be listed online with Rightmove, Zoopla, and other popular platforms.
- Support team based in the United Kingdom.
- Payment options include immediate payment or up to ten months after the advertisement goes live, at no additional cost.
- Accompanied viewings are £399 in London and surrounding areas – elsewhere across the UK would be £300.
- Property Listing advert upgrades – if required.
When and how do I make payment?
There are two options regarding payments:
- Pay now – upon instructing Purple Bricks to proceed, your payment is due.
- Pay Later – Once your house is sold or up to ten months later, whichever comes first.
How will Purple Bricks market my home?
Once your home has been photographed, floor plans finalised, and a description is drawn up, your property will be placed on Rightmove, Zoopla, plus many more online property sellers.
Why not compare British Home Buyers?
At British Home Buyers, we buy your home fast – for cash. By fast, we mean we can complete from start to finish within seven days (or a timescale that works for you). We don’t charge any fees, and getting a quote is quick and easy – plus, you’re under no obligation with British Home Buyers. Then, if you need it, we can provide you with a solicitor – absolutely no charge to you. Now, that’s service!
So, if you’re looking at selling through Purple Bricks, why not get an obligation free cash offer from us too? Our offers might surprise you.