Is I Am The Agent, the best choice for inexperienced property sellers?
- I Am The Agent
- Our Verdict
Who is I Am The Agent?
I Am The Agent was formed in 2011 and operates from its headquarters in London. This online agency retains a unique position within the market segment of online estate agents, assisting individuals with the sale and leasing of properties while leaving the majority of decision-making to them. As a seller, you can pay I am the Agent a small fee (£99) for advertising and organising contact information.
What is the process with I Am The Agent?
- Sign up on the website and add your property information – IATA says this will only take a few minutes.
- Choose your sales and fee package – there are four different options ranging from £99 (incl VAT) to £749 (incl VAT)
- The process – from start to finish – with this online agency varies, depending on which package you choose; for example, if you decide on The Whole Shebang package, the guidance and support to the final sale of your home is included in the fee of £749.
Get in Touch with I Am The Agent
Tel: 020 3389 9679
The Fuel Tank
I Am The Agent Positives
- The basic package is really affordable at only £99 (incl VAT)
- I Am The Agent maintains a 24/7 communication line via the website’s customer support team, ensuring that someone is always available online chat or by phone to assist with any inquiries.
- Your for sale listing will be advertised on the top three online platforms: Rightmove, Zoopla and PrimeLocation.
I Am The Agent Negatives
- If you are inexperienced in the complexities and information required to sell a property, you may find using this agent is not for you.
- Their Trustpilot reviews are rated Excellent – but there are only 174 reviews over nine years.
- It would appear that I Am The Agent does not have a payment plan for the fee package. If you would like to know, you will have to enquire with them directly.
I Am The Agent must be given credit for sticking to their promise of no hidden fees – each and every cost is available and clearly labelled on their website. However, if you choose the cheapest package, Speedy Sales, you need to be aware that this is basically a self-service option, and you need to know what you’re doing as making a mistake could prove to be costly.
What is the difference between an Online and Traditional Estate Agent?
The main difference between an online estate agent and a conventional (or high street) estate agent is online agents are primarily online and generally do not have a physical location where you can visit. Online Estate Agents typically offer more basic services, mainly marketing your property on online property platforms, which tends to save you money.
How long has I Am The Agent been established?
I Am The Agent was founded in 2011 by Rebecca Peach – who is also the CEO.
What are the fees / pricing options when using I Am The Agent?
I Am The Agent have four various sales packages:
- Speedy Sales: One-off upfront fee – 60 days advertising on top-selling portals / instant valuation / 24/7 enquiry line / real-time offers and enquiries plus more.
- Essential: One-off upfront fee – all the features of the speedy plus a dedicated property assistant / enquiry vetting / property evaluation / for sale board plus much more
- The Whole Shebang: One-off upfront fee – all the features of the essential package plus support through the process to completion / 2 lots of block viewings / legal updates and conveyancing plus much more.
- Overseas: One-off upfront fee of £299 – Advertise your property on Rightmove Overseas for up to twelve months / a dedicated property assistant / Listing live within 24 hours.
When and how do I make payment?
All fees quoted are due to be paid upfront to I Am The Agent.
How will I Am The Agent market my home?
Once your home has been photographed, floor plans finalised, and a description completed, your property will be placed on Rightmove, Zoopla, plus many more online property sellers.
Why not compare British Home Buyers?
At British Home Buyers, we buy your home fast – for cash. By fast, we mean we can complete from start to finish within seven days (or a timescale that works for you). We don’t charge any fees, and getting a quote is quick and easy – plus, you’re under no obligation with British Home Buyers. Then, if you need it, we can provide you with a solicitor – absolutely no charge to you. Now, that’s service!
So, if you’re looking at selling through I Am The Agent, why not get a no obligation free cash offer from us too? Our offers might surprise you.