Is Ewemove the future of property sales?
- Our Verdict
Who is EweMove?
EweMove was founded in 2013 by Glenn Ackroyd and David Laycock. Laycock previously worked as the head of Customer Services at Barclays, whereas Ackroyd was a property lawyer. Their long term goals were to have a branch of EweMove in every city in the United Kingdom. Ewemove appear to be the first to use what would later be known as the hybrid business model, which saves on high-street offices while still providing local property expertise.
What is the process with EweMove?
- Obtain information by calling them directly, or you can request an instant valuation online by visiting the website.
- Information is required regarding the property that you are looking to sell.
- To receive your free valuation, you will have to enter some personal information.
- EweMove will send you a valuation, as well as a personalised report, which includes recent house sales near you, local property market insights and a monthly rental valuation.
- If you are satisfied with their report, arrangements are finalised to get your house sale signed up and placed online.
- Ewemoves package is relatively comprehensive. You receive photographs, floor plans, a for sale board, and hosted viewings. In addition, your house is advertised on Rightmove, Zoopla, the Telegraph and Prime Location.
Get in Touch with EweMove
Tel: 03333 441 199
Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire
- EweMove has won numerous awards, and their TrustPilot score is almost perfect.
- Their online system brings traditional estate agencies into the twenty-first century. Rather than becoming entirely digital, they have strengthened the high street model by empowering customers, vendors, landlords, and tenants.
- Ewemove employs over 250 local property experts, which serve over 125 franchise areas in England, Scotland and Wales. They also operate in Northern Ireland; however, their website does not mention this.
- There is no mention as to their pricing fee and structure on their website.
- You have to pay extra for an EPC certificate, but the cost for this is not mentioned.
- Even though there is no mention of a fee, we assume this means they charge a commission on the final sale price, and this can mean they’re on higher-end pricing when it comes to online estate agents.
What is the difference between an Online and Traditional Estate Agent?
The main difference between an online estate agent and a conventional (or high street) estate agent is online agents are primarily online and generally do not have a physical location where you can visit. Online Estate Agents typically offer more basic services, mainly marketing your property on online property platforms, which tends to save you money.
How long has EweMove been established?
They have been around since 2013 and are lauded for being the first to introduce a hybrid agency.
What are the fees / pricing options when using EweMove?
As previously mentioned, there is no pricing information on their website, but we suspect that they do charge a commission of approximately 1.20 per cent of the final sales figure (incl VAT) and included in this price:
- For Sale sign
- Listing on Rightmove, Prime Location and Zoopla
When and how do I make payment?
The commission fee would be payable to Ewemove on the final sale and completion of your property.
How will EweMove market my home?
Once your home has been photographed, floor plans finalised, and a description completed, your property will be placed on Rightmove, Zoopla, plus many more online property sellers.
Why not compare British Home Buyers?
At British Home Buyers, we buy your home fast – for cash. By fast, we mean we can complete from start to finish within seven days (or a timescale that works for you). We don’t charge any fees, and getting a quote is quick and easy – plus, you’re under no obligation with British Home Buyers. Then, if you need it, we can provide you with a solicitor – absolutely no charge to you. Now, that’s service!
So, if you’re looking at selling through EweMove, why not get an obligation free cash offer from us too? Our offers might surprise you.