Who are Doorsteps, and are they a suitable choice to sell your home?
- Our Verdict
Who are Doorsteps?
Doorsteps launched in 2016 and have swiftly become one of the UK’s fastest growing online estate agents. With a basic package costing less than £100, clients choose to use Doorsteps as a cost-effective option to sell their house. The creator of Doorsteps established the company to provide the same level of service as a high street estate agent – while marketing online and still offering a personal touch by having agents visit clients – rather than sitting behind a desk.
What is the process with Doorsteps?
- Contact Doorsteps by calling their 24-hour hotline, completing and submitting a contact form on their website or by online chat.
- Make an appointment with a local property expert – this time will be to discuss and confirm the Doorsteps sell package you have decided to use.
- Doorsteps will load all information to an online portal – you will be able to track viewings etc., but you will have to host these appointments by yourself.
Get in Touch with Doorsteps
Tel: 0208 125 7331
Address: W&N Building, Whitefriars Avenue, Harrow HA3 5RN
- They have very positive reviews on Trustpilot.
- If you choose one of their pricier packages, they do offer flexible payment options.
- There is a 24-hour hotline available – which keeps you in constant contact with agents.
- On the Doorsteps website, it is unclear whether they have a no-sale, no-fee policy or at what point the costs need to be paid.
- The basic package offered doesn’t include a floor plan or professional photos.
- If you decide to use their standard £99 package, there may be extra costs – which could add up.
Doorsteps claim that their typical transaction takes 29 days to complete. They save consumers an average of £5,121 in fees, obtain 99 per cent of the asking price, and their customers give them an average 9.6 rating on Trustpilot.
It won’t be easy to find a more affordable estate agent, particularly one that brings a sense of personalisation that online agents usually lack. However, we caution potential customers to thoroughly investigate the different pricing options on offer as cheaper isn’t always better, especially when it comes to selling a property.
How long have Doorsteps been established?
Doorsteps were established in 2016, and their head office is in Harrow, London.
What are the fees / pricing options when using Doorsteps?
Doorsteps offer four different packages, starting at £99 for their basic package / £199 for the Pro / £599 for the Advanced and their Premium bundle is £999. The standard £99 package is basic and doesn’t include a floor plan, property description or professional photographs. However, you will receive 24/7 customer support as well as other benefits during the sale. The Premium package, which is the most expensive, includes professional photos, a floor plan and property description, featured property listings and social media promotion, and a lot more.
When and how do I make payment?
Once you decide on the package you wish to market your home, your payment must be made upfront to Doorsteps.
How will Doorsteps market my home?
Your property listing is placed on Rightmove, Zoopla and Prime Location- plus many more online property sellers. Depending on the bundle you choose will depend on the service and additional benefits you receive.
Why not compare British Home Buyers?
At British Home Buyers, we buy your home fast – for cash. By fast, we mean we can complete from start to finish within seven days (or a timescale that works for you). We don’t charge any fees, and getting a quote is quick and easy – plus, you’re under no obligation with British Home Buyers. Then, if you need it, we can provide you with a solicitor – absolutely no charge to you. Now, that’s service!
So, if you’re looking at selling through Doorsteps, why not get an obligation free cash offer from us too? Our offers might surprise you.