Discover the benefits and downsides of selling on Strike (previously Housesimple)
- Our Verdict
Who is Strike?
Strike – previously known as Housesimple – was renamed and rebranded in July 2020. Strike takes a different approach to selling your property, as in it’s a totally free core sell service. Strike provides you with a 6-month listing on Rightmove and Zoopla (plus other websites).
So how do they make money? They hope that by providing you with their core service for free, they will make enough money by selling additional add-ons like upgrading Rightmove Ads, obtaining an EPC certificate, hosting viewings, and offering conveyancing, moving, and mortgage services.
What is the process with Strike?
- Request a free property valuation from a Strike local assessor.
- Professional photographs, a floorplan and a description of your home will be discussed and provided – as well as a for sale sign.
- They have an online service where you can revise the listing for your home, which is displayed on numerous websites, and your assigned agent will assist you from start to finish.
- Viewings, feedback, and offers are instantly delivered to your account, allowing you to communicate with potential buyers.
Get in Touch with Strike
Tel: 0333 920 0749
- The core selling process offered by Strike is totally free.
- Your property is listed on numerous websites like Rightmove and Zoopla, which are very popular online platforms for potential buyers.
- Strike has really good online reviews on Trustpilot.
- Once you have signed up with Housesimple, your property listing is uploaded within 24 hours.
- Strikes core service is free, but there are costs for additional services, which you don’t have to use – for instance, an EPC rating is approximately £90.
- You are solely responsible for all communications, appointments and viewings with potential buyers.
- There have been negative reviews regarding property evaluations. There is no guarantee that the agent conducting yours will have specific knowledge of your local market.
- Previous customers have raised some concerns regarding the vetting process – as high street agents are much better at vetting buyers.
When Stike rebranded in 2020, they promised to shake up the real estate industry with their new and innovative fee structure and service, and they have certainly done this. Besides a few concerns being raised by sellers, the general consensus is that they offer a terrific deal to prospective sellers.
But, Strike will not be ideal for those who have time constraints – as using this option is time-consuming. Therefore, you need to carefully consider the time you may save by having a traditional agent handling the sale of your property.
How long has Strike been established?
Previously Strike was known as Housesimple, and Housesimple was set up in 2007, so they have been around for a fair length of time.
What are the fees / pricing options when using Strike?
Strikes core selling process is free – but there are optional extra’s which you pay for:
- Valuation from a local professional agent.
- Floorplans and professional photographs.
- Listings on Rightmove, Zoopla and other popular websites.
- Negotiations and a fully managed sale by a Strike estate agent.
- A dedicated crew is available to assist you – seven days a week.
Additional options – for a fee:
- Hosted viewing packages are £699.00 – a Strike agent will host all viewings to interested buyers.
- Performance package is £499.00. This includes a video trailer and a premium listing on Rightmove.
When and how do I make payment?
The fees are paid immediately if you choose the additional pricing option.
How will Stike market my home?
Once your home has been photographed, floor plans finalised, and a description is drawn up, your property will be placed on Rightmove, Zoopla, plus many more online property sellers.
Why not compare British Home Buyers?
At British Home Buyers, we buy your home fast – for cash. By fast, we mean we can complete from start to finish within seven days (or a timescale that works for you). We don’t charge any fees, and getting a quote is quick and easy – plus, you’re under no obligation with British Home Buyers. Then, if you need it, we can provide you with a solicitor – absolutely no charge to you. Now, that’s service!
So, if you’re looking at selling through Strike, why not get an obligation free cash offer from us too? Our offers might surprise you.